My reviews for the Novel Travel Quest will combine travel & reading with a focus on the country the book is set in as well as the story itself.
📆 Date Completed: 20th March, 2021
🆕 This is my first book by the author
Random Tidbit: I spent a summer living in Paris during university and it was fantastic to visit a lot of the sights mentioned in the story. I was reminded of so many great memories and discovered a few couple new places to visit.
At a glance
(Source: CIA The World Factbook)
- Country Size: 643, 801 sq km
- Population Size: 68, 084, 217 (July 2021 est)
- Capital: Paris
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links at no additional charge to you. See the Disclosure for more details.
Decision in Paris by Meredith Deichler
AKA the book that gave me a guided Parisian tour
Story Rating | 4 ⭐
Travel Rating | 5 ✈️ (Ready to fly!)
- Summary in 3 words: Unusual | Informative | Engaging
- One Thing I Liked on the Cover: Eiffel Tower
- I Now Want to Visit: Saint-Chapelle
- I’m Encouraged to: Buy book 2! (and do some more research on some of the sights mentioned that I didn’t visit)
May include spoilers
- My favorite character: Aubrye- she was the participant with all knowledge travel & sightseeing-wise which I loved 🙂
- My favorite funny moment: I don’t think they were funny “laugh out loud” moments in this story but a lighthearted moment I liked was the discussion of unusual ice cream flavors
- One Thing that Stood Out: I really loved the way the author tackled the issues between Colin and Quinn
- Something New I Learnt: I discovered more sights to see in Paris
- One Thing I Found Unique: This book was extremely informative in terms of the descriptions and information shared about the various sights visited on the tour
- Favorite Quote: We’ve built something strong and true, and if we have to live multiple hours apart for a year or so, I know we can.
- Favorite Scene: On Montmartre- I was actually there in Paris so it brought back wonderful memories
- Aww Moment: The Proposal- I wasn’t sure if the proposal would happen while they were in Paris so it was awesome to read about it
Virtual Visit | France
Sign up below for my newsletter to receive updates on the quest, free books, quizzes & more directly in your inbox
Lastly, what are some of your favorite stories that are based in France?.