I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of Hidden in her Heart from the author in exchange for an honest review.
🔁 This is an author whose books I’ve read previously
Hidden in her Heart by Milla Holt
Book 4 | Color-Blind Love Series
AKA The book that made me want to watch an episode of Duck Dynasty
Rating: 4 ⭐
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links at no additional charge to you. See the Disclosure for more details.
Summary in 3 Words/Phrases: Real | Mess to Message | Sisterly Love
- My favorite primary character: Eden- she put her own issues aside to support her younger sister
- My favorite secondary character: Kieran- he really stepped up and was there for Izzie
- Memorable Quote: He’s taught me that love means reaching out in faith and hope instead of closing off your heart and cowering in fear and hopelessness
- One Thing I Found Unique: I liked the tv reality show behind-the-scenes portion of the book
- 📌 Random: Having lived in the UK, it was fun to read about some familiar places mentioned (Nando’s 😍)
May include spoilers
- One Thing that Stood Out: You have to face your past at some point, it’s impossible to outrun it. However, God can use your mess to help others if you let Him 🙂
- My favorite lighthearted moment: Eden & Noah playing legos in the coffeeshop was awesome! It brought back memories- at university for one of our assignments we had to play with legos too which was a ton of fun!
- My favorite Aww Moment: I loved how Eden’s mother really changed after the birth of her grandson & her trip. She became a more pleasant part of Eden & her sister’s lives
- Interesting to Note: I thought the persistence of Eden’s mum was admirable, albeit in her case it was a negative due to how it was expressed. However, Elonora knew what she wanted and whatever was thrown at her, she adapted and kept moving forward. For example, she first overcame childhood challenges then during the story changing from the original show planned to a new one due to Izzie’s pregnancy then moving on to the Australia opportunity when things started to unravel. If better managed, it certainly can be a positive personality trait
Characters I now want to read about:
- Noah’s parents– I’d love to read their story in more detail as I still had questions on some things 🤔
- Rich– he seems like a good guy
My Goodreads ReviewHidden In Her Heart by Milla Holt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This story was enjoyable with quite down to earth characters. I loved the sibling side between Eden & Izzy as they grew closer through the story. The story also gave me food for thought given some of the scenarios eg between Noah’s parents. I liked the behind-the-scenes for a reality tv show, I think that added an unusual dynamic that was fun for me to read about and of course, I’m glad that Eden & Noah were able to make their way back to each other 🙂
I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Sign up below for my newsletter to receive updates on the Novel Travel Quest, free books, quizzes & more directly in your inbox